What Are The Safe Driving Tips That Every Driver Should Know In New YorkCentral New York Legal News
If you are on the road, no matter if you are by yourself or have passengers in your vehicle, safety is your number one concern. While you have your own safety to think about, you also have to think about what is safe for your passengers as well as other drivers, motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians.
Because everyone has a smartphone these days, distracted driving is more of a problem than ever. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration states that distracted driving caused the deaths of 3,166 people in 2018 alone. So how do we stay safe on the road? Here are some tips.
Before Embarking On Your Trip
- Do not drive while impaired under the effects of alcohol or drugs.
- Adjust mirrors and seats before getting on the road.
- Look at the gas tank lid and make sure it is fastened.
Distracted Driving Is A Real Problem
- By no means should you text while driving.
- If someone calls you, always pull over or call them back after you get to your destination.
- Don’t read your texts while behind the wheel.
- Stay focused on driving. Watch the activity on the road in front of you, keep your hands on the steering wheel, and keep your mind sharp.
- Are you hungry? Pullover and stop somewhere to eat.
Keep Your Kids Safe
- Children shouldn’t ride in your car unless they are using a seatbelt or car seat.
- Monitor your children’s behavior. Fights in the back can distract the driver and lead to an accident.
- Never reach over to pick something up. Always pull over first.
Avoid Driving While Fatigued
- Driving while exhausted is risky and can lead to fatalities, so don’t get behind the wheel if you are tired.
- Try not to pull an all-night driving sesh. The risk of a crash will be increased.
- Never drive while under the influence of medications like muscle relaxants, sleeping aids, or antihistamines.
- If you feel tired, then pull over to take a power nap. Only get back on the road after you’ve had shut-eye.
- You might be a great driver, but that may not stop a crash with another driver who is distracted. Always be aware of what is happening all around you and be a defensive driver.
- Stay focused to avoid people who are distracted, such as drivers who are checking their phones.
- Stay aware of motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians.
Retaining The Services Of A New York Attorney
With a personal injury lawyer on your side, you have an effective way to protect yourself after an accident. If you or a loved one has been hurt due to a collision with a negligent driver, retain our services to learn more about what your rights are, what your options are, and the most effective way to get the justice you are due.
Have you been hurt in a collision? If you or a loved one sustained an injury in an accident, contact the expert personal injury attorneys at Gattuso & Ciotoli Law Offices. At Gattuso & Ciotoli Law Offices, we help clients get the most compensation for your car accident injuries. Contacting Gattuso & Ciotoli Law Offices will assist you in your car accident claim right away. Each accident is unique and can vary from case-to-case. It is vital to gain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney who can assist you within your accident claim. Contact us to talk about the details of your accident and how we can help you to get the compensation you deserve. It is important to get the recompense you deserve.